Friday, May 14, 2010

WK2 Wimba Session 2 - AR Status/Summary and Publishing/Leadership Project

I was unable to attend the Wimba this past Tuesday largely in part because I had so much work to catch up on, there was just no time. My lit review was in shambles and I desperately needed to edit, revise, and email it in. I had a lot of trouble formatting the document in word. The headers were not numbering correctly. It has been very frustrating.

As I watched and listened to the archive, I was relieved to see that I wasn't the only one struggling with the lit review. I do appreciate having a form to fill out checking on what I’m doing. At times I felt alone when working on AR. I need structure or at least know someone is checking up on me. This is helping me get the AR site organized, something I struggle with (organization). So I am feeling much better about the site now.

As for the AR summary page, I don't think it is as daunting now that I have more of a grasp on all the pages of the site.

What I really needed was some clarification on the Publishing/Leadership Project. I'm still a little hesitant on starting a keynote because I'm not sure what to do just yet. That and writing a scripted speech will be a bit difficult. I usually never teach by a scripted speech as was mentioned of most teachers during wimba. Well, first step is figuring out where I want to publish, so that's on the agenda now, publishing on the web.



Web Publishing Image: Creative Commons

3 comments:

  1. I agree on the stress of AR. I too have felt a bit behind, confused, and sometimes frustrated. Sometimes it all seems very overwhelming, like there was so much to do for each month that sometimes AR was pushed to the side.

    I am so with you on the keynote. The idea of scripting something will be very hard to do. Like most teachers I too am a fly by the seat of my pants kinda gal. I am also not sure where to post and what to post. I do like the idea of a keynote presentation over just writing, I guess it all will need some thinking on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do need to improve the process... and your group has been part of what's made it better, just figuring out what works and trying to improve communication along the way. Thanks for hanging in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree too Ashley, this has been rough, the AR project is a lot in itself, but on top of that keeping up with the current coursework had seemed to be my priority. I am just getting a sound idea of what is going to be expected of us with this project. I agree that more sound instructions and monthly guidance is needed. I hope this week to get a grasp on the Leadership Project. Hopefully, your post will bring some sound awareness to what we really need to be successful from this point on.

    ReplyDelete